What is the Travelling Speakers Initiative?
Travelling Speakers is an initiative that attempts to remove the obstacles (such as expensive flights and speaker honorariums) standing in the way of you inviting a Forum speaker to your city. We encourage you to consider inviting a speaker to your area in order to:
- Reach out to unbelievers through apologetic and evangelistic events
- Encourage and challenge believers in your church and community
- Conduct small-group and one-on-one mentoring meetings with key local leaders
How Does it Work?
There are two ways that you can invite a Travelling Speaker to your city.
Request a Specific Forum Speaker
Is there a particular Forum speaker you would like to invite to lead an event in your church, university, or organisation? We can help you reach out to that individual, who will review your submission, along with his/her schedule, to see if your event will be possible. Complete the request form, and, if your choice is not listed, select "Other" in Question 1 and add the name of the speaker in the text-box beneath it. Please bear in mind that some speakers are booked months, even years, in advance.
Are you interested in hosting a Forum Speaker but unsure of whom you would like to invite (or what topic you would like him/her to cover)? If so, consider inviting one of the Forum Speakers below who has already agreed to conduct a European speaking tour in 2016/17. Next to each speaker are the topics on which he/she is able to speak. As above, complete the request form, this time selecting one of the listed speakers.
Speaker Tours: 2016/17
- Jim Cecy (Purity War, Discipleship, Sex)
- Leonardo De Chirico (Evangelical Perspectives on Roman Catholicism)
- Glynn Harrison (Psychology & Counselling, Men's Ministry, Developing Leaders)
- Peter Imming (Scientific Apologetics, Science and Christian Faith)
- Daryl McCarthy (Leadership, Fundraising, CS Lewis)
- Peter Mead (Bible Preaching and Teaching)
- Jerry Root (Discipleship, Evangelism, CS Lewis)
- Tom and Judy Streeter (Discipleship, Church Leadership)
- Peter S. Williams (Apologetics)